Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Not much of a ride

Saturday afternoon the temperature soared to 12 degrees F.
It was maybe not the best time to go out to the barn.
But it was the time I had.
My friend and trainer picked me up in her 4-wheel drive truck so that we could get up the driveway to the stables. Then she rode Scotty for a while to "warm him up".
They got nice and warm moving around the arena.
I sat on the cold hard bench and got colder and colder.
By the time I got on the horse I couldn't feel my thumbs or toes.
Also I hadn't ridden for about three months.
There are muscles that should be involved that just weren't there anymore.
Scotty took full advantage of the situation to misbehave.
I didn't stay on long.
No matter, it was great to get out and admire my handsome fellow anyway.

No comments: