Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black - and green - Friday

The day after Thanksgiving we took ourselves off to shop, as is our wont. We rounded the square, ducking into various art galleries and little giftie shops.
We browsed through fascinating cooking utensils in two downtown cooking supply stores.
Mimi discovered impatiens still blooming down a sheltered alleyway.
Imagine that!
Impatiens after Thanksgiving!
I was not surprised.
I knew there was one last daisy blooming down by the pond.
Despite the frosts and the overnight below freezing temperatures our pots are still sporting blooms.


The borage and Queen Anne's lace that sowed themselves in the rock mulch are still flowering.


.
There are still princess lilies and million bells and a petunia or two














This is decidedly not due to my tender care of them, as I abandoned all outdoor plants more than a month ago.

Mild Autumn? Warming trends revealed in local flora?
Think anything will last until Christmas?
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: