Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Granddad is mystified

Granddad finds himself in the middle of a mystery. A package arrives, with a puzzling return address. Inside he finds chocolates (yum!) and a mysterious note: "Weird" says Granddad. "What's that at the end?"
It's Spanish, I explain, but I don't know what "teclas" is. I look it up. "It seems to mean 'Go with the keys'" I say.
"Weird," says Grandad. He eats the chocolate.
A few days later another package arrives. More chocolate. Another mysterious message:

Granddad takes a while to puzzle through this. "What's this mean?" he asks. A rock where a light source peeks has us both confused for a while. Then we think about the yellow rock nightlight in his study. Is there something underneath it? Well, it's on top of one of his display cases so he checks inside.

What's this? A little box with a question mark on top - this must be the clue!
Inside there is....a key.
What will it open? How did it get there?
"Weird" says Granddad. He eats the chocolate.

to be continued.....


3 comments:

Jacquelyn Nasca, MS said...

Ooooooh! How fun is that.... Now let's see... who has that kind of time on their hands??????

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Not I!

elizabeth said...

Not I!