Thursday, August 10, 2006

Getting Started


This morning I went into school with some idea of what I would do. All this past week I've been going in for awhile each day, just trying to find out where things are and to become used to the space. Yesterday I found the laminator and the die-cut machine in the teacher's lounge. I put up a bulletin board but I woke up last night thinking, "it's wrong. I have to change it". I thought that would be the first thing I did this morning. However, when I walked in I was distracted by an error message on a printer - felt absurdly pleased with myself for fixing that. Then, in order to see if the printer worked, logged on to the circulation system, and as long as I was there, checked the overdue list, and before I got up the custodians came in with two new DVD players and while I was dealing with that, the ESL teacher came in with a computer that wouldn't log on. At the photocopier, I met one of the first grade teachers and we did talk about books. This was reassuring as I feel I am doing everything BUT books right now, just trying to learn this new job.

No comments: